Tuesday, January 16, 2024

TO OUR LADY OF CLERICAL ERRORS

 

TO OUR LADY OF CLERICAL ERRORS

the orphic winds are calling me home

the thumbtacked artwork in the school corridors

of the orphaned children ageing out from the system

and the building is on perpetual loan

where I inherit the wind

and Mary walks with Jesus

where the children throw stones

and when a pebble misses it turns into a white rose

and that’s a legend I made up one day

gazing out the window at

the investiture of snows

who is the king of snow I said

only to myself

to where angels were listening

over the hum of my clerical errors

will the mist be always

Oh Lord of hosts

gather my soul from the file room of the world

that I might recite to the living and the dead

what the white rose said.

mary angela douglas 16 january 2024


No comments: