Friday, October 31, 2008

Throwing My Soul From

["just because I'm losing
doesn't mean I'm lost."
-Coldplay]


throwing my soul from

this semi-burning building
forgetting the luggage of


clouds as they pass by



I won't demand anything



talking underwater to those

still on dry land,
my voice is bent like


light and there are

arrows through every heart
like Valentine's day in grade-school


the crayon clouds stay,

unable to depart, while
everyone else flows away


but I'm hanging my water-logged valentines out to dry



and making each eviction

count for something
at least, on paper
even though I know


I will land too softly for anyone to cry



without breaking apart

without feigning anything


without wounding:

the shining lawns remaining_


mary angela douglas 26 october 2008

No comments: