Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dim As The Bride

dim as the bride
on the last horizon-
all of my snows were home

they have floated now
like light through veiled prisms breaking;
I'm not called away to their collapse.

the offices on the moon are clouded.
there's no line left to stand in here on earth
all of my snows were true

but now, they freeze into
these pale trajectories of flights dismantled
where green grass doesn't stain

where blue is no longer sky yet-
"bends not with the remover to remove"*
love is not love that bruises
the least snowflake fading

though the windlass fails.

now the pollen of my farthest star
is weeping
and someone's yanked the chain
on the light-bulb moon

lily shadows lily

but all my snows
in soft, bright encore reappear
as I am gathering still

these small waxen words revealed
over a roiling sea...

oh icarus
o Christ.

remember me

mary angela douglas 22-23 february 2011

*Shakespeare sonnet

No comments: