Friday, September 09, 2011

Lament Of Therese Of Lisieux

just now the bars are coming down again
blue morpheus winds are rising
in my soul extraordinary

courier and friend-
in my soul there are no bells;
there is only You.

it's only waking up
that I can't bear;
the white rose in a dream with no confrère


remained so incandescent
in the end


and caught in a warren
I don't understand-
Jesu, my flag is not down.

bright dreaming son or brother
or someone else
under the drizzling skies I feel

that I'm dissolving far from you
and running late to say:
it's only that I recognize

that star you held in your hands-
the one that made you suffer-
the one that, even now
compels me to weep sapphires
endlessly
on your behalf-

and to lean into Space...

mary angela douglas 8, 9 september 2011

No comments: