Thursday, February 14, 2013

Froggie

[first draft]*

I caught something golden at the world's bright end

thinking, surely I will be among friends
if I bring it to them.
For my pains


I was slammed against a wall-

but it was golden

mary angela douglas 8 february 2013




*a condensed milk imaginary primary source version of The Brother's Grimm, imaginary, The Frog Prince, or perhaps, the query letter, proposal to an unnamed publisher for the Froggie's memoir...alas, poor Froggie, thrown against a wall...transformed and then married to a princess with a very bad temper who judged books by their covers. I see the froggie /Prince as essentially, an incurable sentimental idealist, optimist. A promise is a promise he would tell his children which is exactly what the King, her father said.


No comments: