Monday, August 05, 2013

Alice In A Blue Gown Wondering

shall I follow the burbling stream thought
Alice to herself in a dream within a dream
this was in the Pre-Rabbit days
or just let it burble on

oh really is there any other way to burble
than to yourself she wondered as if for
the first time in a lifetime of wondering
that was merely just starting to be self-evident

is there any other way apart from dreams to part-
but muddled are the colours when I find them
(if I find them) in the galleries of sleep

and am I invited I am not to the first showings
shall I follow the burbling stream each time it
burbles or only on Mondays only in a green glade

God forgot to color in or left for me invitingly to find
so I’ll just fill in the outlined spaces
for Him, Shall I?
with a soft periwinkle.

mary angela douglas 5 august 2013;30 november 2020





No comments: