Saturday, May 24, 2014

But Then I Spoke To His Pearl Ear

but then I spoke to His pearl ear,
always listening, about the sounds of green
near summer, verging from the spring

and the trees budding small flowers as

if they were stars and in a hushed whiteness
that could have been snow or flowers He said

I know.  I thought of that when I made them so.

and so I said to Him the words I loved the woods I loved
the small brooks undisclosed the way I felt about the Rose
the sheer idea of the Rose and He said, tears, petals opening,

onto Sunbursts, I know I thought of it so 

stitching fragrance to colour endlessly.  and it is like my heart, I cried folded into many folds
of velvet, transposed into a key I want to sing but only You

are listening.

I know, He sighed
in sunrise glistening 

mary angela douglas 24 may 2014

No comments: