Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Blue Sequins Over The Planet Blue

blue sequins over the planet Blue
will simulate stardust
she muttered, her mouth full of pins

so do not shift in the chair

where you stand
soon you will see the ribboned night
come in through the unhemmed windows

the curtains shift in a taffeta wind
that's sheer so sheer, the little cloud eyelet

(hand me the shears...)

and blue starlight is pinking-
makes itself a little home
(there in the dresser drawer dear)and

streaks and sprinkles the leaf pale walls

almost astronomically oh gleaming
I have always loved you.
and these are prisms at twilight

(she told the little girl) introducing them
she thought, are my manners blue-violet
violet-blue she was getting sleepy...

when I feel close at hand blue sequins over
the planet Blue at my command oh come
we will glue the stars on.

don't be sad.
this is our handiwork.

mary angela douglas 13 may 2015