Saturday, August 01, 2015

I Tried To Find In What You Said

I tried to find in what you said
some kind of opening instead
I found a seamless house a
house of seeming.
perhaps the shutters were painted green
and there were vines
and you sat unheeding, eating
from a silver bowl of clementines
and waving to the unseen crowds
as if you were King.
who fashioned this for you,
a soul without nails?
who fetches pails from the dairy
fresh for you, brimming with the days,
a few strawberries...?
and then, the lone evenings
stretch to infinity's purple
as if they were, your train...
ah in the tall grasses
how could I remain
with this conundrum
for my little day was done
with the leche dulce.
the rains were strumming now
on my roof a mile from town
and with them, floated on the summer's foam
the figments of
no civilization-
found
mary angela douglas 1 august 2015

No comments: