Friday, October 30, 2015

Transparencies Of The Pear Tree

[for exiles, past and present]

transparencies of the pear trees against the early skies
I have kept for you whispered the Lord in my april ear

on the page where the tear would not be translated.
what is an Age? an Epoch? a Year when your heart is breaking;
all the shining realms laid waste.

I will not lose this transparent day, this hour;
this reprieve I said to the clouds through scattered moonlight.
they say You vanished they say many things

on holidays repeating the rules of the road
like automatons

but I have seen transparencies of the pear trees
against a sky inordinately blue
and heard the crystal ring against old Christmases

foreign wings, angelic disasters
oh Lord, make haste
we are far from the continents of music

and the threading of your stars.

mary angela douglas 30 october 2015


No comments: