Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Living Outside Stale Customs Of The World

living outside stale customs of the world
we painted our foreheads with
sunset colours

over the cobbled
fringes we would glide
riderless the horses

at our side

in the milk white light of dreams
and everything as it seems in
the fairy tales

not on tv
not on the rungs of enterprise
painting the gold in the swallows eyes

dark violet on the appian way
inhaling the bakery pastries scents
for free; my apricot jam and sipping

the air from the gold rimmed china cup
will you remember me oh clouds
when I like you pass away

and the sweet rains rain
without us then

mary angela douglas 29 december 2015

P.S. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I want to make it clear that I believe wholeheartedly in The Ten Commandments and the Two Commandments given by Jesus Christ (Love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself) and when I say "stale customs" of the world I am NOT referring to the Commandments given by God out of loving concern for His children to spare them from unnecessary grief. What I mean by stale customs is, you know, like when you are happy in the day and someone looks you up and down and then down again in your shoes with a discouraging, disparaging look because THEY think your shoes don't match the outfit you are wearing. ALL THAT STUFF. STALE.

No comments: