Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Now, More Than Ever

now more than ever we need your support
the brochure proclaims
and, in times like these...

in times like these I dream of other things
the network of veins in the gold leafed
how the trees stand in the gales

with their roots largely unseen
largely unseen I dream
while the wind carries the gold leafed,

gold leafed over the walls and over all
what small kites are these
and no strings attached

and I will go like Yeats somewhere
and lift the latch and light the lamp
far from these scenes where so many need

a gold I do not own
and be alone
thinking outside of time, brochures

the water turned to wine
my home to dust yet 
still I see it shine

there in the heavenlies
where gold leaves never fall
nor dreams decline:

where only God is necessary.

mary angela douglas 31 october 2017