Sunday, November 19, 2017

As We Did At The First

lately my poems turn mauve in a mist and are gone
why prolong the song when it is sad
my angels say and will not

to magnify the sound.
heaven is within when
it is not around

a lingering radiance infers
and something stirs and wants
to turn into flowers

if only it could.

snow petals the avenues of dreams
and I cannot wake
that should all spinning wheels forsake

yet I am bound to this
and must repeat sense without meaning
birthdays without cake

the metrical measure I cannot learn.
because it is not my heart.

Dear Lord deliver me from words that fail
as flowers fail
in an early frost

and children are lost in the woods
folklorically.and must save thenselves,
I want to see the stars again

as we did at the first.

mary angela douglas  19 november 2017