Thursday, November 16, 2017

The One With The Patio

in my dream there is a baby
i try to pick the baby up
but it's heavy as a mountain

the baby
the way children can be
when they don't want to leave

they don't want to be picked up
picked up and deposited 
like trash on the sidewalk

cut the grass
before the historical society
faints from the eyesore of it

being  two inches longer than
is allowed
the baby is loud

it thunders like Paul Bunyan
the legendary baby
and blue oxen come to graze

in my veritable backyard
or did I get the unit
with the patio

it's not that clear
it's hard to remember
remember, it's still a dream

there is no baby

there is no backyard
there's miniblinds
and a sky stained like

raspberries crushed
and then I'm on the bus
going to work

it's temporary again

my daydream folds into a desert
the living desert
while all the flowers bloom

at the same time.

mary angela douglas 16 november 2017