Saturday, April 14, 2018

Silver Turrets Beneath The Tufted Clouds

silver turrets beneath the tufted clouds
I dreamed another scrapbook dream outloud
this one, whose seams were pearled

I didn't want to leave or to fade out
in the margins of that mist with violets at my wrist
I cried, almost dissolved or dispossessed

that birches were silver too
and all I thought I knew 
before I doubled back before the double doors

leading into/away from the drift of  another language.
never matter whose. or if by the Snow Maid formed
will I be considered worthy I asked the dream shapes

before all deja vu

or I tried to: 
my attendant, colorform angels
as they wavered

once more like consciousness, that bright rubber ball
I am bounced back into the waking room
trying to make sense of the feltboard figures

slipping further down that won't stay put
and fingerpaint imprints,
glints from the silver towers.

mary angela douglas 14 april 2018