Monday, January 28, 2019

God, By The Numbers


proving God by the numbers how could I ever explain
I’ve never been that good with them
but when I see the wind

I feel that it is Him
the dew on the grass
the rain rising and falling continually

the clouds over the sun
the way that moonlight comes and goes
and always has since

I’ve ever known anything at all
and whether the rose

was dreamed by Him or not
Somebody must have thought up

such loveliness

Someone goes with me

more than my shadow
and if He were a shadow
even then He would be beyond

all brightening
Who lightens every life
that comes into the world

says His mysterious Word
beyond all other words,
the most heartening

I will gather all proofs
and scatter them to the wind
And close my eyes

to realize again
the heart knows what it knows
and cannot be convinced otherwise

mary angela douglas 28 january 2019