Sunday, February 24, 2019

Shall We Anchor Ourselves In Clouds

shall we anchor ourselves in clouds, the pink, no, the blue
the violet hue where both colors intersect, of the ever changing skies.we always thought we would, when colouring on our own.

and now I think so too; why wouldnt I;
I never turned the page when told,
or it was implied, let's all prepare

for the real world now.
the real world.
if ever there was a laughable phrase

that's the one.
which world, whose exactly.
what is real about it

when the stage sets keep changing
depending on who's in charge
and various characters you meet

still dressed in your Alice blue
in your own yard

all seem to want to rearrange you.
so softly you close the door
on your own particular cloud

I'm going to remain myself,
that's the plan
you say, but not aloud.

and so.
you do.

mary angela douglas 24 february 2019