Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Sadness Comes In Waves I Said

sadness comes in waves I said
they closed the door
leaving me to wander near the shore

of it
captive to the day of writing me off
like a bad debt.

they did not care that the ebb and the flow of it
seeped under their door, and marled, and beautiful
as disastrous

pooled in the well waxed hallways, lapped at the balconies'
recreational edge.
my pledge I have kept

windswept

ridiculed, words skewed slightly sideways
by the knowing smiles.
I dont know what they know.

or how they tally up the miles.

God keep me safe.
under no bitter moonlight  nor escape.
unmined. with no resort but You

oblivious to the time we live in
they think they've wasted with me.
in the palace of your mercies,

with my small candle lit.

and Infinite.

mary angela douglas 18 june 2019



No comments: