Sunday, July 28, 2019

The Moon At My Window For Free

sent on a mission to mars and afraid of heights
would I conquer my fear if not the Martians
mending my parachute year to year

having barely mastered sewing on buttons
of a silver, a milky hue like light streaming through
whatever place I was dreaming in at the time.

I practiced gliding in my room in my bright shoes
while reading the news and counting down the days.
but no one was buying it.

who am I to sell moonlight in a jar
red rocks from a distant star
but keep in mind

others went out to the gold mines on a whim
and found nothing then
but empty pockets nights of no diamond sleeping.

I hope to write no resume someday
to live on a planet where this is not required
to define why I should be paid by the hour

when I have Mystery, the moon at my window
for free and all the  pearl glorias
singing inside me.

mary angela douglas 28 july 2019

No comments: