Monday, January 27, 2020

Their Caroling Voices

children will ask pourquoi in their caroling voices
starting to feel that the round may begin again
sweet as the gum trees are their choices

dropping the notes in the tisket tasket wind.
I would go back only I cant find a driver
I would go back the sand castles just to mend

I would go back in a penny valentine instant
if only the golden horseshoe toss to win.
I look at trees outside my grownup windows

wishing they were the trees from way back when
the angel trees and the guardians
the pine cone ornaments gilded again.

who ever knows what time is
wish they had left their notes
everything they recorded

everything that they wrote.
swift are the days in their passing
though it wont seem so when

you are a child in summer
with ice cream money to spend.


No comments: