Thursday, February 06, 2020

Drifts

though I am lost as though I never learned directions
as if the weather vanes had taken flight
off the main trail with no illumination

losing all bearings overnight.
gone are the tracks before me others made

clear in the snow each imprint bright as bright

gone are the traces now that cheered me
gone are all landmarks out of sight.

how will I know where fences were or houses
how will I recognize the sound of wolves
everything fades from the familiar highways

everything vanished into the tangled woods.
still is the night and yet it is not Christmas.
stars behind clouds have locked themselves away.

when everything beautiful I cherished
was made and unmade within a single day.

why is it now your presence feels like drifting
cryptic the chords I can no longer arrange
yet I strike the flint of dreams past grieving when

sometimes your shadow shines like the blaze of day.

mary angela douglas 6 february 2020






















mary angela douglas 6 february 2020

No comments: