Saturday, February 08, 2020

I DON'T DREAM IN POLITICS

I don't dream in politics
in the dead letter post office words
the messages for the consumers

the bought and paid for birds.
forever turning the dial on no living colors.
bear with me awhile if you want to

I dream in poetry
in what it was before the cawing doves took over
and exploited it for slogan gold

fools gold I cried with Bradbury by my side
and the Holy Ghost too. the reft Imagination
ever and ever shining through and presiding, still

there are worlds on worlds where there are no elections

and no government too.
where the soul rules with God above it.
where beauty rules with no crown

but virtue.
where at the heart of things
I sing with multitudes rainbow shriven for the King of Kings.

mary angela douglas 8 february 2020

No comments: