Friday, February 14, 2020

This Is My Valentine

maybe I may be falling through the grid
while pastel houses on pale wheels subside
and the sun no longer a gold medallion

in my collection
maybe I will be living without pay
still living

is living
and blue skies with their attendant bluebirds
I pay attention to today I always will

and singing is singing still
even when you can't stay put
in the box they made

just for you.
I see coloured streamers on the wind as if it is Earth's own party
I know a million games of let's pretend

that the world is better than it is
each time, we always win.

I know its not a sin to think like this
with Eden in my mind green beyond all greens
and the Snake's hiss gone.

I dream I dreamed

the gates were unlocked Forever
and in the worst of weather
the bells all chimed.

to all my friends this is my endeavor.
this Is my Valentine.

mary angela douglas 14 february 2020


No comments: