Saturday, September 19, 2020

On Literary Cricism;The Questions At The End Of The Chapter

there's the body of the book on the table

and I know you will instruct the young

on how to dissect it


naming each part, ferreting out each theme.

what does the author mean.

I think of clouds of how Icarus flew


too near the sun and that is reading to me

not finding images one by one allusions

to the times the author lived in.


perhaps I won't be forgiven but


I think of angels with flaming wings

of the prophets swallowing the coal of the scroll

and I wonder who appointed you


to knok at the gate of my mind 

while I was drifting on the waves of words so fine

refined

through Space, Infinity not caring whose team was winning

who kept the score in every inning

and dreaming of what I was Reading.


as if I were the dream itself.

at  the very Beginning.


mary angela douglas 19 september 2020



No comments: