Friday, December 18, 2020

He Is Everywhere In The Pale Blue Water Colour Sky And Among The Teacups

=sometimes I do not pray before I eat and somewhere there may be
someone
thinking I am a heathen. You dont understand what it is to live alone with Him. wistful in corners examining His original dust.
Why must I summon Him from some failing blue water colour sky I could not
finish for art class correctly when I was fourteen just to say we are eating now and we're having Your strawberries minus the cream
when already I may hear him ringing among the teacups and in the cherry sound the teakettle makes
when it is thirsty.his shadow bright as marigolds on the wall
in the rising the desultory steam.
why should I summon Him at all who is already here all of the time being everywhere present in the gleams
why wouldnt he be there in my cockpit kitchen just a trace
or in the wisp of my chimney dreaming song or here where the books are toppling all over themselves
in saturday profusion teasing the illusion and out of Time
dont they believe He is everywhere. certainly that does include not having to come in from the pale and failed
failed wounded wisteria
blue water colour corner of the picture where the colour dripped continually as though there were
a perpetual rain in the painting a spigot I could not cut off I could not be graded on fairly
even though I put pink tints in it at the very last corally sprigged instantaneous instant suddenly majestically emphatically mystically reminded
of His most recent tea rose dawn for it was apt, far more than Aquinas and all of that:
creaking through the cracked ivory
of the blinds with the little draft.
the fumes from the neighbors cars.
a few of the lingering stars...
mary angela douglas 18 december 2020
Mary Angela Douglas

No comments: