Sunday, January 24, 2021

To Wake Up From This Poem-Dream

the dollhouse in my poem has isinglass windows.
I dont know what isinglass is. I just like the sound of it.
it sounds like winter, glazed over. or like a thin layer of crystal
over a panoramic Easter Egg, sugar egg and by design
inside I can see the tiny girl near the one rosebush
she is holding one pink rose
as though on the planet of St. Exupery
I will go in my poem to the museum of music boxes
that all still work. I will find the keys and wind them all at once so that all the tinny sweet songs are melting in the air together;
the fairies and their carillions!
then I will go through the side door into a courtyard
where everything is blooming at once
only in miniature;while I with my small watering can
water the gardens of Monet...the lilies of Rheims.
I like Alice will have to eat the side of the biscuit that makes you taller
or promise God ten thousand fanciful things
or say the word roseate endlessly
or turn myself into firefly gleams
to wake up from this poem-dream.
mary angela douglas 24 january 2021

No comments: