Friday, April 30, 2021

To The Emerald Flies On The Window Screen That They May Depart

blind on the glass in a sudden shaft of fifth floor reaching sunlight  seemingly locked by the screen the small flies newly hatched have gathered

I feel such unease made helpless

by things so small as these unsummoned by me and I think perhaps a metaphor for the nagging

worries has come to be for my Divine illustration, illumination

this last day of April

why do I have such unreasoning fear of the small winged creatures clutching here in the updrafting winds

I fear they will breach the latch and uncontrolled

fly my low vaulted ceilings and disturb my soul. my fragile sense of order

yet once inside they leave me alone seeming to seek the heights

such as they are in aerial displays ballets

some navigational pattern home.

I don't know how to regard them half caught half maybe not

on their seemingly summering breaks

if there is some warp in the window frame some gap unseen

they may overwhelm my small dwelling but that

Thou Oh Lord keepest them at bay and all the crouching winged

and lingering fears

and make their path away from me on tiny wings of tulle

more clear.

that they may find their Heaven too.

mary angela douglas 30 april 2021;rev. 6 may 2021


No comments: