Sunday, May 02, 2021

Invisible Threads

 INVISIBLE THREADS

invisible threads have bound me to the moon
it's the fairy spinners I assume as Shakespeare did
though I'm not supposed to think that anymore
say the deplorers the ones who would rather the
poem be about political radishes, or how mold grows given time on
Uncle Ray's birthday cake
or slime or who won who or what this time
oh run and see the endless litany of prizes
but I'm immune
invisible threads have tied me to the moon, the trees, a foundling
innocent among the sweet sweet greenery. leaves, occasional blooms
so that I believe I am emerald too, like Daphne becoming
roots and bark of necessity and forgotten birds of lore
will come and nest in me, the nightingale for sure
the Firebird, Phoenix still as starlight
beyond the grinding mills of language minced for common use, abuse
where words are serfs and I despair ;only I hear a distant interstellar
music, everywhere could it be Eternity there at the pearl gate of listening
and Poetry itself the Word so vastly pure
the enduring Word
if God so will, shuttering the Dead.
signaling the return of the language heard by Angels
the Beautiful in flight
when there was Light. when it was spoken into Being.
mary angela douglas 2 may 2021

No comments: