Sunday, May 09, 2021

On The Deletion Of The Word God From The National Day Of Prayer Proclamation As Signed Off On By President Joe Biden May 6 2021

(to God, My Father)


Your name is a nest of lilies where my soul finds rest

from wild dogs tearing it apart your name is a green glade

where I breathe when overwhelmed by the lack of oxygen

in the rooms of those who think it a slight matter not to

mention you at all, even those who call You so many names in private

bowing down to the earth

I will not desert your name more precious to me than the

fragrance of all the roses, birdsong in the midnight crisis hour

than the storm in its violet creases who are they omitting your

name your name your name or letting it all go by

the core of the flame that lights our way

without which we are nil

and have no name at all ourselves.

mary angela douglas 9 may 2021

No comments: