Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Poetry Is A Kingdom Not A Locale

poetry is a Kingdom not a locale

so the Soul can turn on its heel

in catastrophes vanishing into the Pleiades for awhile;

sometimes, for good or

in the nick of time, time being withstood like a sea pervades its 

waves 

or a sea where the wave arose

and the rose was me and the rose was saved all brand from the fire

and I said I will wear teal taffeta;I will not retire except to

a sea of immalleable words true to the theme of being

if I need to be bird, star anamolie no longer captive to captivity

refuge that close to God

bright green bower in the winter's glower

so that when the outer worlds render you insensate

so that your sun is set a something cries not yet not yet

you can go through this somewhat hidden gate

into a place that is not a place

but the borderlands 

of all you thought was Lost.

mary angela douglas 26 may 2021

No comments: