Friday, May 21, 2021

Subliminal Convenience Store Justifications Before The Lord/The Elevator Pitch ForThe Movie

 before I knew better I used to drink Big Gulps down,

eat frozen burritos because I was new in town
and the minimart was the only store I could walk to;
chew and chew all the way through the premade delish
cardboardy tuna fish, pimento cheese samiches in the back
savor BLUE RASPBERRY SLUSHIES, so sugar rushy
mostly though I was circumspect
coffee with hazelnut creamer internationally flavored I would savor,
nutter butter cookies, grape flavored drinks or cranberry apple
but now I dream in every flavor of Snapple;
extravagant snacks whole racks of them....so,
since it's all off limits now, in dreams I'm such a cow:
sweets with the sour consumed by the hour;
how I dream without introspection of handheld cherry pies
with their pristine sugar glaze on the everyday
topped off by lemon handheld pies for second breakfast;
a grilled hot dog microwaved specially on site, a city SUNDAY
NEWSPAPER what a delight AND just for the thrill of it a TRI STATE ROAD ATLAS I love extra maps!! the soft serve nilla cone at the gas
station
and pineapple pineapple Fanta nation and snowballs pink coconut,
chocolate interiors; a trailer sized pack of sour cream potato chips
and the CHOCOLATE cream filled cream
filled croissants who needs restaurants
JUST FRENCH ONION DIP for a successful trip
slurped down with buckets of raspberry tea I'm on the road in my
dream;
it's three, the ghost time of the .am. and Christmas Eve snowing
since I've never been on my own in a car
in lucid dreaming I've crossed the bar and
I'm praying cause I need a lot of energy to keep from straying into
the neighboring lanes like
it's bumper car time at the Fair I'm so dream dog cog tired from working
surrealistic dream jobs where I almost get hired but it isn't clear
so I wonder for years and anyway, get me some armour chili pop
topped some honey lemon cough drops and a slew of hiking
magazines enough Dinty More stew for nuclear winter
because I'm going to scale the Grand Canyon from the bottom up
in this dream you'll see, without a splinter, with the flood waters from the rapids
coming in for the closeups
its not a sin to fuel up.
in a situation like that. I can't eat my hat. I'll need lots of fizz,
four bear claws, and 19 pints of coffee hagan daz it's not against
the law. Gee Whiz, cheese whiz and cherry cheese
danish, danish danish....(echoes in the Canyon from dream stranded person in progress_who only has pickle juice left to survive on, a few limp rosemary basil triscuits...a trunkfull of Reader's Digest condensed books...and one jolly green rain poncho with Guideposts magazine special issue on angelic rescues folded up in the pocket...then I wake up in a rocket, one way ticket to Mars and I don't mean candy bars)
mary angela douglas 20 may 2021;21 may 2021

1 Comment

No comments: