Sunday, August 29, 2021

When I Am Lost Like The Stray Puzzle Piece From The Box (Second Version)

 WHEN I AM LOST LIKE THE STRAY PUZZLE PIECE FROM THE BOX

(Second Version)

when I am lost like the stray puzzle piece from the jigsaw

so that I want to climb back into some sky blue preexistence of the

Soul where the perched transparencies of song cannot weep from

my narrow shoulders

as if that could be or hide among the roses there

or in some unclocked in eternal glaze of the evergreen shade

take refuge near the silver of the winter sun

in the drifts between school days and beyond the accounts

or old homework dream

till I see the gleam of your stars Oh Lord when you set them there

before all tarnishing...

let me stay only a little longer in the twilight of all Mays

cast in my blue shadows or in the rose period remembering

fresh chalk and the pastels from the tin unused

knowing the pink blur between the green hills

had to be the rising, not the setting sun.

mary angela douglas 28, 29 august 2021

No comments: