Saturday, September 25, 2021

Across the Potomac, Angelic Along The Fault Lines

multiple versions of data appeared on the horizon

The Good and the Bad and the Ugly, checked in on the soundtrack of 

your lives

choose just one said the aunt with the chocolates

making the rounds in the Christmas living room

sugarplum dreamy I kept on closing my eyes:

how shall I choose, behind which door

how shall I recognize the false bird from the true

or like Joan of Arc, pick out the Dauphin, you

hiding among the lesser courtiers.

let's flip a coin

or toss it across the Potomac

becoming legendary in our clime

where multiple versions of moonlight

just yearn to be famous, shine

or all you love turns on a dime

and I being I

just want to go back in Time.

mary angela douglas 25 september 2021

No comments: