Thursday, October 28, 2021

I Heard The Weeping Of Words

in a dream I heard the weeping of words, the great Bruising

the ancient sounds from the rocks from the ground

the distances in singing, the anguish of breaking apart

in a dream I saw the ore of them taken

and on every shore the shells they had become, forsaken

forlorn


shells of words I have gathered in my small hands

breathing back into them life with such futility, the memory of

before

when Light was at the door....

how can I say much less sing the stone trapped words

or they are caught in a web we have made for them

in the history of lies no longer responding to their childhood names.

oh God. I cried in a dream and could barely choke out  his Name

for grief that words had fallen fallen

into such disdain.

mary angela douglas 28 october 2021

No comments: