Monday, October 24, 2022

BEFORE THE VOYAGE


See, where He traces in the skies

the maps of stars for us to go by

and tribulations cast in stone

the anchors of our grievous sighs

Cast off!. my soul-

shall not abide.

mary angela douglas 24 october 2022


note: original title was to my father with dedication reading for Robert R. Douglas


some problem in this needs to be fixed it doesnt sound completely clear, I mean it to sound like a send off for my father I couldnt articulate at the time of his death but in fact my father and I did NOT have this kind of relationship although I did pray so many times that the hour of his death would be free from fear and I did remember a conversation we had once about the Resurrection, that this was the main point of Christianity: Easter, the Resurrection and the sun was setting a faint pink in the skies and we were outside on the carport talking as it did so.  That needs to be in the poem.


I keep thinking of the word l'envoi that goes in the front of some rare books...


Pilgrim's Progress??


No comments: