Saturday, March 18, 2023

DAMASK ROSES IFINAL VERSION)


it's always sad and languorous

in the poems of that country

I can't go there anymore

they're reading my miranda rights

from shore to shore

bouncing like a pink cloud over the devastations for

the lack of bread seems like a wedding to me

if there is any sun at all

and one true God to lean upon

there the brittle straw will never be spun to gold 

there's so much melancholy

why would I want to grow old there

anyway, I won't be let in

should I say I am sorry the moonlight makes me happy

even behind the clouds

that I treasure a gulp of that air more than wine

and that I shall always love the moss bright poems

of damask roses and eglantine

and want to mention them in my Song;

they wouldn't hear me;it's been so long.

mary angela douglas 20 february 2022;18 march 2023


No comments: