Monday, March 27, 2023

SPELLING THE STONE I AWAKE FROM DARKNESS

 

("the stone that the Builders rejected")

spelling the stone I awake from darkness

spelling the white stone: the lily set in the heavens

the one close at hand in my secret pocket,

the ferns curled since last lost summers.

in the green shade of the moon I telegraph to God

in a toylike code: to

the author of the milky quartz, my 

leftover Christmas I will remember you

though I am no Magi

I know it is Christ

in the supplicant's darkness pinpricked with stars

I know it is Christ

in the rising light

in the rising light I will learn to spell love

love set in the Heavens, Dauphin coloured light

telegraphic from the Father

love close at hand

poem from the Son

rose radiance I have come to weep you out

as if petals flowed from my eyes

as if my heart were a red rose wave

the Lord had plucked from danger.

on the smooth back of the lightest light year

the fairy tale sparrow will lift me away

I will spell the beginning of Light

learned at my mother's knee

heart cherished, never to be forgotten

learned at my Grandmother's knee

the way of flowers in the pelting darkness

when you raise your eyes

I am spelling Home.

past all the Januaries of the Ages.

turning the dark Pages.

in the shepherd's armour.

and in the snow's blue flight.

mary angela douglas 1january  2021;29 january 2022;27 march 2023

No comments: