Saturday, May 20, 2023

DANCING WITH THE BREEZE

I couldn't comprehend one day in grade school

when the book asked us questions after it presented

the poem Daffodils by William Wordsworth as in

"what is the meaning of this poem...

are you kidding? I say as I look back 

but at the time I was too stunned to say anything

let me correct that now.

what does it mean you silly book.

somebody stopped asking meaningless questions for a while

and stood in silence to watch the wind whip

through fields of daffodils.

and was happy. then said person went home and thought about it.

which also created a happy feeling.

what does it mean.

how can you even ask.

at least the paper you're written on was once trees.

remember how it felt when you were a tree

and the winds came through your leaves?

I want to go home. what am I doing here.

mary angela douglas 20 may 2023

No comments: