Monday, June 19, 2023

SMALL CANCION ON DISAPPEARING (FINAL VERSION)

 

Small Canción On Disappearing


stepping over the footbridge

we cannot see

because by then we mist will be

a long time this had been in my dream

and going the way of the rose,

the moldering scarlet leaf, the snows

the bird that was singing just last May, the way of all grieved;


ever and ever our fate draws nigh

and nothing to do for it but sigh

it has been so lovely being here

then like the dew

on the cloud clad mountain,

to disappear...


but should you think

that is all that is all

I could sing or say to you in my blue shawl

my best blue dress

I will return when you least believe

and seem so unlikely to be blessed

to say,it was not as we conceived

the way was pearl and the bells pealed then

and mist is only the train we were in

to round the curve of Eternity's bend

mary angela douglas 1 october 2021


No comments: