Friday, August 25, 2023

APPLICATION NATION, OR THE MUSIC IN MY HEAD

I was listening to the music in my head

I said

when I filled out your application.

thank you for letting me take it home

and here it is.

then. they looked at me with dread

and as if I did things in a tizzy

all the clerical staff

but all I said, I said

I'm listening to the music in my head.

my head.

I have a musical memory.

isn't that fine

there was no reply

from the clerical staff

I have in mind

and I went home again

and said this prayer: oh God

my friend:

you are everywhere

in the office or out.

Im praying here on my knees.

oh please

dont let me be dead before Im dead

Ill just keep listening for

from ship to shore

the wild seashore's roar

for the music in my head.

I said.

mary angela douglas 25 august 2023

No comments: