Tuesday, August 01, 2023

I KNOW THIS POEM IS HORRIBLE BUT IT MADE ME LAUGH

 

first birthday in heaven poem for my friend, Carolyn Hooper

(to make her laugh)


please say something good about my poem

I think that it's very very good

it's the cake with the cherry

it's oh so very very

it's the magic fairy in the Wood

please say something nice about my sonnet

you've got just a little time I'm sure

to reassure me

it's all it can be

and if not, then oh not

I dont know what Ill do until tomorrow

waiting for the accolades to pour in

I wonder why we're like this

the poets that can write this

need propping up from time to time

just a little, cuz they're so brittle

and they want the icing on the top

to show its worth it

to go ahead and birth it

the absolute cream of the crop.

mary angela douglas 1 august 2023

No comments: