Thursday, August 17, 2023

ART HAS BECOME THE CLOCKWORK NIGHTINGALE

 

art has become the clockwork nightingale

she whispered to all in a gale

in a dream

in between seam and seem

the Princess of everything

old is new again

we ll break no mirrors to bring bad luck

to those unloading us off of the trucks

where we exist in olden scenes

banned with the nightingale

I heard the click and the clack of the trains

telling myself we wont be there again

or here at all except in dreams

gilding the nightngale

on and on in a waltz so sombre

and all the skies

are burnished like umber

its hard to trace the fault lines here

oh how did they make everything disappear

the wind subsides

the seas are stilled

I look for the past

and I always will

when what was beautiful

mattered the most

and now it's all been consigned to ghosts

and I still can hear all by myself

the winding of art by mechanical elves

when I know that once

the world was new

and everything glistened

the morning dew and myself, my soul

was always glad

to think of the beautiful earth we had

my soul my soul my soul.

mary angela douglas 17 august 2023





No comments: