Sunday, December 10, 2023

THE MAP IS A MIST;YOU HAVE TO KNOW THAT (FINAL VERSION)

 

the map is a mist; you have to know that first

frail as parasol paper could be

in a flood.


she raised flowers in the mud for a while

and was happy; 

at home with paper lanterns;

peach iced tea.


are there fractures in these ash of gold skies?

I used to wonder

walking in November,


the lakeshore like a toy.

the map is a mist and cannot resist

the old names.


I cannot find them there

with my torn out page

from the directory of roses.


it's so multifoliate,

the Rose, the way she thought of it

then


no composer could compose it.

and I have only the mists to go by.

the shoreline indefinable


snow on snow, blizzards of music

rift of my dreaming mind

what was I hoping, singing to find

inscrutable as lost time.


mary angela douglas 19 december 2015;10 december 2023

No comments: