Wednesday, December 13, 2023

WHENEVER I PRAY FOR ISRAEL I FEEL


Whenever I pray for Israel I feel

The rushing of angels wings,

I feel the armies of the Lord draw nigh

I do not know policy I only know

When lightning lights the sky

It is a spoken word

A word that needs no defense

I know that the arm of the Lord is swift

That there is sorrow in battle

That there are battles beyond policies

Beyond the political entities entirely

That we are in a living tableau vivant

Now, this moment

The dust and the ash of sorrow is raining down

The borders of the heart have been dealt a blow

And we do not know do not know do not know

How to sustain those in flight but pray for light

For the resettlement of every heart on earth

Here in another turning of the wheel of time

Of history out of sight, the one that matters most

The wings the wings of the Holy Ghost

The sacrament of peace that is not false

At the end.

May valor of all her children be blessed.

Her shores be made of honey

Our souls in prayer all night

Our souls in prayer all night

mary angela douglas 13 december 2023

No comments: