Saturday, January 27, 2024

LET THE ENUNCIATING ANGELS COME

 

Let the enunciating angels come

Speaking in dreamy snow syllables

Their tardy annunciations

We shall not laugh at the moonrise in their eyes

Their wings of magenta tipped with gold as in the paintings

Of the Renaissance masters,

We will be still.

And cherish their wingprints as they skid on ice

Overladen with Christmas messages

From the years

Without the sun.

Mary angela douglas 27 january 2024


P.S.I had a dream just this late afternoon that I was sending a message online with only the words beautiful enunciation in it and then, in the dream, I thought to myself isnt it odd how closely related in sound the words enunciation and annunciation are. And I remembered in the dream how much my Grandmother always stressed to my sister and me how important it is in speaking to always enunciate your words. Then I woke up and immediately wrote this poem. I am very happy with this poem as it made me laugh. I hope someone else likes it too, especially the good angels. And when you think about it, on a practical level it IS very important that when the angels DO come to deliver a message they deliver it with very clear enunciation;otherwise, things may go haywire. And no one will know what to do




No comments: