Thursday, February 01, 2024

ENGLISH AS A JEWELED LANGUAGE

 

ENGLISH AS A JEWELED LANGUAGE

dead center of the heart true it is that

English as a jeweled language I have praised

I have defended as no summer knight

Sightseeing on a posied path

But as a guardian small guardian

Of a flame the world cannot douse

Now I find my jeweled encryptions

Decorating the caves of others

Farther behind

And I do wonder with what conscience

Can they steal even God’s own jeweled lights

From the incoming tides and pass them off as their own

It isn’t that I pray their plagarized sandcastles

Will be the first to go

But it is hard to see the rose

That blossomed in your own heart

So specifically at a certain time and date

Be deposed

In this way

And crucified.

Mary angela douglas 1 february 2024


No comments: