Friday, April 19, 2024

I COULD NOT BEAR THE VISIONS OF EZEKIEL

 

 

I COULD NOT BEAR THE VISIONS OF EZEKIEL

I could not bear the visions of Ezekiel

As a child

Nor can I yet and long to forget beyond oblivion

The terrible images of the beasts with four faces

Linked by their terrifying wings

It is a sorrow that I cannot understand

The Lord God in fury

I want to go to all corners and cry

To some far  corner of His skies I am only dust

Unless you keep me alive

Oh soothe the nightmare feast;I am so afraid.

But then Christ’s tender voice I hear

Beyond afflictions of the years

Beyond the dreadful prophecies

Beyond the haunting of all dreams

The judgement of the world.

I feel his presence, feel his care

The bruised reed surely he will spare.

Mary angela douglas 19 april 2024


No comments: