Thursday, May 23, 2024

FOR THAT WHICH HAS CARRIED US ALONG

 

FOR THAT WHICH HAS CARRIED US ALONG

For that which has carried us along

Even while we thought surely I am drowning now

And we wake up disbelieving

On a dry and fragrant shore

Thinking how

How did I get here

For  that which in the depths of gloom

Dances one faint star upon the ceiling

So that we say, fitfully, Sistine?

What can I call you so that you know

It is me speaking to you

And me alone Lord God

Whom I know

Specifically as the one who has carried me

While I thought I was drowning

Is the one who sings in me

Things beyond my knowledge

Who walks through doors through seas

Who leads me out of grief

Even when I insist snow blind to maytime

I am still a tenant.

Who must fulfill the lease.

mary angela douglas 23 may 2024


No comments: