Saturday, June 15, 2024

REMEMBERING THE COLOR OF SNOW (FINAL VERSION)

  

REMEMBERING THE COLOR OF SNOW

I remember the color of snow in certain paintings

out of the long ago,pearlescent and wistfully I do recall

the roselight falling across the canvas

the hidden light revealed the inner rose and the outer

becoming one distinction as Dante knew

the point of view no longer in vogue

I remember it do you or snow as azure, as gold as mauve

as the fielding of small questions to the sparrow on my

left hand

bad art is the endless revealing of things I reprimand

almost my sparrow laughs I

said to my sparrow, the one on my right hand who can understand

the princess in exile surveying the dissolving lands

making ragged suppositions

and wintering through odd dispositions

hiding in song unmitigated exile from

the beauty of the colours of snow;

the  State's matte finishings of all that was

falling aslant of all predictability

and lamenting that 

no one remembers them now.

the melted languages.smashed up kaleidoscopes reeling

the words for all we felt then.

mary angela douglas 23 april 2021;21 may 2024;15 june 2024


No comments: