Wednesday, July 10, 2024

MESSAGE SCRIPTED IN GOLD

 

MESSAGE SCRIPTED IN GOLD

Message scripted in gold

To whom shall I send thee

At this sunset edge

Or shall you fly off

A cloud of music off the staff

And flag the unsuspecting

Traffic of perpetual angels

Now at the feast

I turn away

And from the grape shadows of my childhood

Message made of alabaster

Of the rose quartz quarried heart

What box shall I wrap thee in

What star flecked paper

At last

Post to what address

See I have taken the census of my soul

And inventoried all goods

And stored up my provisions for a

Winter that will not last

I will sing to radiance itself

I will become

The tag end of words

The unknown addresser to

The unknown addresse.

The tenant at the end of all lanes;

The chimes stirred by the sea.

If only you would remember me.

mary angela douglas 10 july 2024


No comments: